Caesarstone countertops are a luxurious addition to any kitchen or bathroom. However, like all investments in your home, they require proper care to maintain their pristine condition.
- Routine Cleaning is Key. Caesarstone surfaces are nonporous and stain-resistant, making them relatively low-maintenance. Wipe the surface with warm, soapy water using a clean, damp cloth for everyday cleaning. Please avoid using the cloth you use for dishes as it might transfer oils and other residues. For a consistent shine, wipe the countertops in broad, circular motions.
- Choose the Right Cleaning Products. Using non-abrasive household cleaners is essential. Smooth cleansing cream or gentle household bleach can be effective for common marks like fingerprints or water rings. Caesarstone offers a Spray Cleaner and Cream Cleanser designed specifically for this material.
- Tackling Stubborn Stains. A cleanser with oxalic acid can be gently applied with a non-abrasive sponge for tougher stains like red wine, turmeric, or ink. Household alcohol or a small amount of household bleach can also be effective for deeper stains. Remember to rinse thoroughly after cleaning to remove any residue.
- Protect from Extreme Heat. Although Caesarstone countertops are heat resistant, they are not immune to damage from rapid temperature changes. Always use a trivet or hot pad when placing hot pots or pans on the countertop.
- Use Cutting Boards. While Caesarstone is scratch-resistant, using a cutting board when preparing food is always a good idea. This not only protects the surface but also keeps knives sharp.
Whether you’re a homeowner or a contractor, understanding the care guidelines ensures that these surfaces retain their elegance and functionality throughout their lifespan. Remember, Caesarstone countertops are robust and low maintenance, but a little care goes a long way in preserving their beauty. Contact us to see our latest selection of Caesarstone.